BRAIN TRAINING SUMMER CAMP
6 hours per day, 5 days per week for 6 weeks
Brain Training Summer Camp
The Brain Training Summer Camp is a 6-week rigorous brain training program that targets the Symbol Relations cognitive function, a critical function of the brain that affects all aspects of learning and life. It improves brain connectivity and improves the ability to think and learn. Strengthening the Symbol Relations ability means you’ll have a more powerful and positive capacity to process information and engage with the world.
The Brain Training Summer Camp is available as an In-Person program.
The Brain Training Summer Camp utilises The Arrowsmith Program™, which improves the capacity to develop skills related to:
How does it work?
The Brain Training Summer Camp requires 3-4.5 hours per day of computer based training exercises (depending on age), 5 days per week for 6 weeks. The program focuses on strengthening brain functions that are responsible for higher order reasoning, problem solving and processing abilities. The camp also includes outdoor activities to balance the days.
Please contact us if you have any questions:
- A computer and necessary hardware is provided for in-person programs
- Each participant will require the ability to type proficiently on a numeric keypad (Please see prerequisite skills below).
- Bring a reusable water bottle each day, it can be refilled onsite
- Please wear comfortable clothing appropriate for a multi-aged environment.
- Bring or wear clothes appropriate for scheduled fitness and activity times.
- In-Person access to the Arrowsmith Program™ cognitive training exercises.
- Individual instruction and support from Canadian-certified Arrowsmith instructors. Our instructors are among the very best and have a track record of exceptional success
- Progress review and detailed reports from a team of experienced cognitive trainers
- Daily instruction, coaching, goal setting, communication and proactive support
Students will receive a certificate of completion upon successfully completing their program.
Prior to beginning the Arrowsmith Program, there are important prerequisite skills that will greatly aid success and accelerate progress.
Some of the skills required for the Arrowsmith program are based on concepts found in a 2 handed analogue clock. The following counting skills are important in ensuring the best possible start to the program.
- Counting from 1-60
- Counting from 60-1 (reverse)
- Counting from 5-60 by 5’s
- Counting 12-60 by 12’s
- Participants should have a basic understanding of a 2 handed analogue clock
Counting skills may require daily practice leading up to the start of the program.
Numeric Keypad Touch-typing Skills:
Participants will need to know how to type numbers on the numeric keypad. This is the keypad on the right-hand side of the keyboard, not the numbers along the top. Participants will be using the numeric keypad to enter numbers quickly and accurately, using multiple fingers. Advanced typing skills on the numeric keypad will greatly improve the experience in the program. To improve proficiency at touch typing, daily practice is recommended. Some websites offer free typing programs, be sure to look for websites or apps that have a numeric keypad option.